Race day schedule
The 2018 Wellness Challenge took place on Thursday, October 4, 2018 at Tunney’s Pasture Driveway, Tunney’s Pasture, Ottawa.
11:35 a.m. Opening ceremonies
11:45 a.m. Start of the 5 km run
11:50 a.m. Start of the 3 km walk
12:30 p.m. Awards presentation
This year our focus is on Mental Health and Addictions in our community. Your neighbours need your support!
Ready! Help your local United Way and Health Partners
Your participation can create a meaningful and lasting change in your community – and in people’s lives. We all benefit from the Wellness Challenge.
Set! Facts about mental health and addiction
- 1 in 5 persons will be touched by a mental health issue each year
- People with a mental illness are twice as likely to have a substance use problem compared to the general population
Go! Your help stays in the community
- 11,800 people with mental health issues got the help they needed
- 71,900 people in crisis had a place to turn to for help when they needed it most
- 15,000 seniors got the help they needed to remain in their homes and stay connected to their community
- 1,300 volunteers were equipped with the tools they need to build a stronger neighbourhood
- 10,000 residents took part in community building initiatives for a total of 17,000 volunteer hours
- 107,000 lives have changed people by investing $11M since 2011 in programs that lead to healthier people and strong communities
Team work makes the Dream work!!
For further information on how your participation and support of the Ottawa Wellness Challenge helps in your community, please visit: